Wednesday, November 27, 2013

St. Saviour

This afternoon I hopped the tube over to Monument to see if the TK Maxx there had any good winter coats and sweaters. It isn't that far away from my dormitory, but I bought a travelcard this week (unlimited subway travel in my zones) so laziness got the better of me.  I had a small love affair with the discount store TJ Maxx back home, so it only makes sense that I'd cuddle up to the UK counterpart, TK Maxx, here.  The British version carries legit designer clothing alongside generic brands, whereas the US store only had moderately expensive markdowns, but even the normal clothing doesn't run quite as cheap as in the States.

I did manage to find a fitted wool-blend DKNY short jacket in a nice dark grey color for £60 ($98) marked down from £330 ($540) and a zip-up grey sweater for £20 ($33) marked down from £120 ($195). I have tried to branch out from wearing grey and black, but the best I've done was add a dark red sweater to the mix. It isn't intentional, I swear! The styles and designs I like just so happen to only be on sale in these colors.

Since the night was fairly warm for this time of year, and in an effort to avoid post-work tube rush hour, I decided to walk back over London Bridge to my dorm.  London is amazing at night.  Seriously, props to whoever was like "hmmm...I know! Lets put lights EVERYWHERE!" because the city looks lovely. I snapped some quick shots of the Anglican Southwark Cathedral.  There are assorted myths about the founding of a Christian site here, but the earliest date is around 600CE and something has been confirmed to be on the site by approximately 1000CE. Also known as St. Saviour and St. Mary Overie, the location has gone through many changes in the thousand or so years it has been used for worship. Also, it looks pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment