Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A very good place to start

My name is Ali and I pretty much have no idea what I am doing. Hi, glad to meet you, too.

I graduated my small town university in the summer of 2012 with a bachelors in Anthropology and Philosophy and Religion. Marketability wasn't exactly a focus during my undergraduate years, so I wound up with three choices in life.

1. Continue working at the coffee shop I was hired at in 2007
2. Go to graduate school
3. Become a hobo and live out of my SUV

Considering #1 requires actually enjoying customer service and #3 would cost waaaay too much in gas money, I decided to go to graduate school.  Okay, in all honesty, it did require more thought and planning than that, but not by a lot.

So on March 14, 2013 (PI day, for the uninformed) I was accepted to graduate school in London for Religion in Contemporary Society. Should I reiterate that I really have no idea what I am doing?

This blog will (hopefully) chronicle my attempt at getting a Master's degree and surviving off student loans in London.  There will be little rhyme or reason to the posts.  It will be a way to communicate with my friends and family back home, discuss my thoughts, and play around with my assorted interests.  It may include stuff about fashion, food, books, witchcraft, and assorted nerdy things.

Oh yah, about the witchcraft. That is kind of what I study. More on that eventually.

Best of luck (to me);
Ali

1 comment: